Thursday, January 15, 2009

I want to run a marathon. Not just any marathon, the Boston Marathon. not this april, but next april. and i want to do it for me.

i have been reading up on the preparation it will take for this type of undertaking, and there is a 16 week training program recommended, with a strict diet, for the best recovery. it sounds hard. really really hard. but it is on my life to do list. number 16. which i realize is pretty far down. but i am young now, and the older i get the harder it will get to accomplish this goal.

plus the life to do list does not by any means need to be accomplished in any order. so lets shoot for this one. i am a planner. i like to have a plan. so starting, hopefully this week, and at the very latest, the end of this december i will begin training for a marathon, the boston marathon...

hopefully i will soon be having a good love affair with my running shoes.

and side note: if anyone has a kick ass play list for a 20 mile (3 hour?) run.... you know... let me know. i'll need some inspirational music to help me get through this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home